My Life as Info. Sec. Eng. Chapter 1 : Tools



Hi folks, here I am going to share the tools list what I am using in my daily life cycle.


NMAP

Nmap ("Network Mapper") is a free and open source (license) utility for network discovery and security auditing.

Basically, I will use to discover the open ports and closed ports in were I done Port Mapping in firewalls.

We can use this in the local network as well as in the WAN network.


Also with help of NSE script, we do multiple things like vulnerability check, exploitation, etc.,

Ref: http://www.piratesshield.com/2017/11/nmap-network-mapper-securtiy-scanner.html



CURL and WGET

curl is a tool to transfer data from or to a server, using one of the supported protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP, DICT, TELNET, LDAP or FILE). Normally using this tool to analyze the website headers when my web security device blocking some dynamic content websites and to create the Application signature in IPS.

Wget using to download files directly instead of opening and surfing the browser.


AXEL

One of my favorite tool in the world, when I feel my download is very slow that time I using AXEL to grab all the bandwidth of my office to download the large size file in some minutes.


APACHE GUACAMOLE

Apache-guacamole is an open source  Remote Desktop software.

very much helpful to take multiple RDP, SSH, VNC session at a time from my browser page.

Where we can perform multitask without increasing CPU usage with a single app.

Ref: https://guacamole.apache.org/



PEN-TEST TOOLS

The website called https://pentest-tools.com using to scan port, directory traversal, Sub-domain, and other information gathering and footprinting activities for my bug bounty programs.

It is a very easy tool where we can perform penetration testing from Online.

IP SCANNERS

In internet multiple IP scanners available but I am always using tools are Advanced IP Scanner and NMAP. I am using these tools when the time of cyber attacks like DDoS, Protocol-based attacks like EternalBlue. Very easy to find the Victim PC.


Other than I am using Metasploit, Ngrok, Nessus, Wireshark, VM-player, Fiddler OpenVAS in my day to day life as Information Security Engineer for a different purpose.


Are you using any different tools, let me share will discuss make some noise.





Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)